Sunday, September 29, 2019

Home Sweet New Home



This is the home where so many memories were made... 

Where my babies were babies.

Where two of my boys took their first steps, and said their first words. 

Where I spent many late nights piled under books and coffee, studying for college exams. 

Where my husband and I tip toed through this very living room setting up six wonderful Christmas mornings for the best little boys in the world. 

This is the home where I found my style - my decorating preference, and my vision of what I wanted to be the place we called home. 

This home is where my family came for quick visits on so many weekends, and where my wonderful daddy came running to fix things we weren’t quite sure we wouldn’t screw up. 

The home where I spent weeks prepping nurseries, matching little socks and rocking three sweet, sweet babies to sleep in their bedrooms. 

Where my husband and I celebrated every wedding anniversary, and conquered many of those fixer upper style projects. 

Our kitchen became a slow dance floor, and the big window behind the sink became my go-to display for so many vases of roses. 

This is the home where we endured so much love, and life’s unexpected grievances, and this roof has never failed to offer us the best shelter and peace during both the good and the bad. 

Through joyful births, and difficult deaths and the heartache of people we once knew becoming strangers. 

This is the place where I cooked yummy Thanksgiving dinners, and wrapped birthday presents for friends and family. 

Where I dressed my oldest baby for his first day of school. 

Where we laughed so hard we couldn’t catch our breath. 

This is the place where we became a family of five, after many struggles with health issues, turmoil pregnancies and losses. 

Where I had moments of needed silence over a good book and moments of pure chaos with an untouched cup of coffee still sitting on the counter at lunch time. 

Home to me is the place where you can turn in when the day is done. It’s where your littlest ones are waiting to run and give daddy their biggest, best hugs. It’s that pure sigh of relief when you’ve been out in the busy world all day long and you can finally just collapse because this is where you can. So many beautiful memories, and so many more to come in our new home. 

As we close this chapter of six wonderful years, it’s somewhat bittersweet to see this place so empty. The rooms echo, the hallways seem darker and I can already tell the smells of what used to be our home are starting to dissipate. But that’s ok because this is not a sad time in our lives. This is a new beginning, a brand new place to call our own. A chance to start something new and fresh and exciting. And I wouldn’t want to do it all with anyone else. 

We look forward to all of the amazing memories we are going to make in our new home and we pray for the next family to love and care for this place as much as we have. It has been a fun and eventful 6 years. 

You know, I like to think we leave a little piece of us anywhere we live, and I sincerely hope that the pieces we leave behind in this home will be the starting point of only more joy for someone else. 

So here’s to you, Breezewood Dr. May you be all of this and so much more for the new family that fills these rooms. 
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment